Backcountry, BC -
The Backcountry Lodges of British Columbia Association (BLBCA) is pleased to
announce the launch of its first ever photo contest! The "show and tell" style contest has three categories
including skiing, hiking and wildlife/nature.
"This photo contest is for those who have a reputation for babbling on about the deep powder days,
meandering summer hikes and chance wildlife encounters they have experienced in British Columbia's
world-renowned backcountry," said Brad Harrison, BLBCA's Executive Director.
With such an impressive list of sponsors on board, backcountry braggers have plenty to be excited about.
Prizes up for grabs include:
- A Tracker Transceiver from Backcountry Access (BCA)
- IO Bio Merino Wool Shirts
- A Canon PowerShot SD1200IS Camera
- A Deuter Futura Zero 40 Backpack
- A probe and shovel from Genuine Guide Gear (G3)
- 1 year subscriptions to explore Magazine
The Grand Prize blends key backcountry education with a vehicle for adrenaline:
- CAA approved Avalanche Skills Training course for the winner + 3 lucky friends
- A Pair of G3 El Hombre skis, G3 skins, and more
Winning submissions will be judged on how much the image and accompanying tale exemplify someone's
best day in the BC backcountry, the submission's visual energy and how much it aligns with BC's
adventurous spirit. Canada's best mountain image experts Pat Morrow and Roger Laurilla will act as final
The contest is open until February 15, 2010. To submit an entry, learn more about the contest, or check
out the full category prize packages, please visit bcbackcountry.ca